Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jackson Everest!!

Jackson Everest Gardner

Born: January 31, 2012 @ 6:31am
7 lbs. 4 oz.
19 in.

Jackson is a sweet little soul who insists on doing everything his own way and on his own time. We wanted him to come on Jan. 27th, but he did not and instead waited until the most inconvenient time possible.
On Monday, Jan. 30th I started having contractions at about 5:30pm. Ryan came home and told me he was going to dinner with a friend, assuming I wouldn't feel up to going, but there was NO WAY I was staying home. So, we dropped the kids off at grandma's house and went to Buffalo Wild Wings. I was almost positive my water would break in the middle of dinner! My contractions were getting pretty bad and we were sitting at a tall table with bar stools so it was pretty uncomfortable, but at least being with friends was a good distraction. I don't think anyone took me seriously when I told them I might have the baby in the restaurant!
We left the restaurant at about 8:30pm and I started timing my contractions on the way home. They were now 4-5 minutes apart and getting stronger, but I couldn't decide if we should go to the hospital or not so we just picked up P. Nut and went home. I got P's jammies on and by then I decided we should leave. It was about 10:00pm. So we took P. back over to grandma's house and away we went!
Once we got to the hospital and they put me on the monitors I wimped out. I swear contractions are SO MUCH WORSE when you are stuck in that bed and can't move around. But I had to be on the monitor for an hour so they could decide if I was truly in labor and they could admit me. I got my epidural at 1:00am only dilated to a 2. With Peyton I didn't dilate for 12 hours and then finally got my epidural and dilated to a 10 in less than an hour so I thought this one might be the same. But it wasn't. My poor mom and Ryan!! After I got the epidural my labor stopped, which meant Pitocin, which meant throwing up, which led to more medicine to stop throwing up, and then finally ready to push at 6:00am. It was a long night, especially for Ryan and my mom :( Sorry!!! But they both got a lot of work done while they waited :)
Once it was time to push, Jackson decided to be inconvenient once again. He wanted to come out face up. So the doctor had to turn him, then he slipped and went back in and we had to turn him again. Finally he gave in at 6:31am and we got to meet our sweet little boy!
I relinquished all naming rights to my awesome husband and I think he did a great job! Jackson Everest. My dad likes to believe that we named him after his favorite war general Stonewall Jackson and I let him. And the middle name is a compromise between Everett and Everest. Everett is my dad and Grandpa's middle name, but Ry doesn't like it so I think Everest is close enough~and I love it!
We love this little guy so much! Peyton has to hold him at least 10 times a day! Oh, and let's face it... We all do!! I finally got a little snuggler and we are all very excited about that!
Going Home
2 weeks old
8 lbs. 3 oz.
20 in.
Growing so fast!!
My first baseball hat :)

2 comments:

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

he is a cutie! Congrats!! we are excited to meet him!

JuLi said...

He is ADORABLE!!!! I love that you already have him in a baseball cap :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!