Monday, November 28, 2011

Quiet Thanksgiving

We had a quiet Thanksgiving this year. All the family headed up to Canada for Papa Rice's funeral, but unfortunately we couldn't go. We were really sad about everything, but we know he is in a much better place now, so I am happy for him.

Ryan, Peyton and I went to Grandma Penny's friend Nancy Taylors for dinner. It was weird not being around lots of family, but we were grateful to be able to enjoy a good home cooked meal. Peyton loved playing with all the kids and I was just glad I didn't have to cook :)


Ha! This is just a cute picture of Sweet P. with hair. Even if it is a little green. Everyone in her dance class has TONS of hair. But we love our little baldy no matter what!! The doctor did give us some different medicines to try and see if it will fill in all her little bald spots on her head so cross your fingers it works! I just hate it when the doctor looks at you and says, "hmmm, I've never seen this before." It's really comforting :) But at least its just hair and not something worse right!!
And here I am at 28 weeks (above) and then POW! 30 weeks comes (below) and I blow up like a balloon!! I literally could see my stomach growing by the hour. One day I was wearing my peacoat and it fit just fine in the morning. Come afternoon it was starting to feel a little snug and then that night WHAMO! I could barely button it and the buttons were pulling in every direction! It was SO WEIRD!

Well, we are all doing GREAT! Peyton is very excited for her baby brother. We finally went and bought some boy things and Peyton has been enjoying putting all his clothes on her little baby doll.
I have to admit I'm not in "boy mode" yet though. It took me hours of shopping just to find a couple outfits I liked. I just sat there staring at everything thinking, "I really don't like boy clothes." And don't get me started on names. I can't think of ANYTHING! This poor kid might end up with a girls name if I don't get some help here soon :) Don't get me wrong. I am SUPER EXCITED to have a crazy little boy in the house. I've just been in girl mode for so long!

So 8 more weeks!!
Here's to hoping the Holidays make time fly by!

2 comments:

Emily Love said...

I can't believe what happened with your peacoat. He must have been stretching out that day or something.

JuLi said...

Wow! that's really funny that your baby belly grew so fast! Seriously, what'd you eat that day?!
Well I'm really just soooo excited for you guys! and I bet you'll come up with the perfect boy name in the hospital the day after he's born. lol. That's what happened with Rocco. Not that you're interested, but here are some fun and somewhat different boy names I like: Jerek, Ryder, Xander, Slate/ Slater, Keedon, Teancum, and (just for the fun of it) Thor.
And you're sooo right; cute boy clothes are almost impossible to find!!! We really love Pumpkin Patch (http://www.pumpkinpatchusa.com)- their stuff looks mediocre online and awesome on kids. lol. We also really like Chasing Fireflies (http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/), and Janie and Jack (http://www.janieandjack.com). AND, best of all, in about two years he'll start fitting in the crew cuts clothes which are ADORABLE! You would not believe how cute their little boy clothes look on... (Plus you might not have to wait that long- I got an email a couple months ago saying they are opening a crew cuts for baby online soon!!!! Oh Yay!)!
Anyway- Congrats!!!